I have spent a long time looking for a free, real-time, collaborative whiteboard that can be used on tablets, chromebooks, PCs, and Macs and have been let down again and again. Until I ran across Realtime Board. I wasn't sure at first until I discovered that they provide FREE accounts for educators. I have been using it for a week and have been loving it.
1) It is web based sand works on my class iPads, student Chromebooks, and my teacher desktop.
2) It's easy to create a new board.
3) On any board you can upload a variety of media files or files directly from the web.
4) There are a variety of pre-made templates you can work from.
5) Drawing and erasing is very easy. I love using a stylus on my iPad ( although Steve Jobs wouldn't approve) when showing work for calculations.
6) Create shapes, add text, and link them. Great for mind mapping!
7) Realtime Board can be lined to your Google Apps For Education account so you can create new boards directly from Drive.
8) You can also add collaborators directly from drive. Adding students using their GAFE account is easy and you can set permissions as well. That way we can all collaborate on the same board at the same time.
9) Once a board is finished, it can be exported in a variety of formats including image and PDF. I just link the URL of a board into our LMS and students can get their directly.
After a week of use, I am really loving Realtime Board and look forward to dig deeper. Just had to get this out now.