As we come to the close of term 2 in the block, my current students are ending their time with me. Although I like to get feedback through the entire course, the end of the course provides a great time for reflection.
The first piece of reflection I’m having my students do this week is related to technology.
As more teachers in our district use Canvas LMS, it's important that we get advice on how to best use it from experts. Students use Canvas in my course virtually everyday so I consider them experts. So why not listen to advice from those who use it the most and whose opinion matters most.
Summarizing the advice
1) Model how Canvas will be used in your classroom.
2) Use the calendar to help students keep track of assignments and test dates.
3) Upload worksheets and answer keys.
4) Keep all your uploaded files organized.
5) Consider using online document submission.
6) If you're going to use a Canvas feature, find a way to use it regularly